First mile to zero waste starts with better waste management by:
- Making it easy with reusable bags, water bottles, cups, filtering bottles, waste bags, instructions, and information.
- Making it appealing with awards for bringing back waste and creative communication.
- Creating awareness with verbal messages like encouraging consumers to consume fewer products and reminding to bring their own reusable bottles and bags.
First mile to zero food waste starts with better reduction actions by:
- Making it default with smaller portions and options for add-ons.
- Making it easy with small and large portions and illustration of the quantity of food per portion.
- Making it appealing with rewards for workers when lowering food waste
- Creating awareness by tracking food waste and communicating food waste efforts to workers and guests.
First mile to zero plastic waste starts with better reduction actions by:
- Making it easy with reusable bottles (as gits or with a deposit) and bags
- Making it appealing by rewarding and promoting tap water drinking
- Creating awareness with communication discouraging buying plastic over packaged products
First mile to lower footprint starts with better use of energy and water:
- Making it default with the regulation of flow and water temperature, rooms temperature, instant AC blockers, automated light switches
- Making it easy with information stickers
- Making it appealing with rewards for workers when achieving water and energy savings
First mile to lower CO2 footprint starts with better reduction actions by:
- Making it default with local food, walking instructions to POI, public transportation
- Making it easy with more and better presented local, seasonal and vegetarian food options and public transportation
- Making it appealing with irresistible presentations of vegetarian and sessional options, interesting things to do on foot, less visited places (next big thing, local’s choice,..), offer rewards
First mile to lower Environment Impact starts with better reduction actions by:
- Making it default with local food, walking instructions to POI, public transportation, providing waste bags, changing towel change defaults, offering rooms without cleaning and lean clean option, informing on expected behaviour
- Making it easy with instructions on waste collection and disposal
- Making appealing information about less visited attractions, adding limitations, promoting seasonal appeals, showing saving, offering rewards
- Creating awareness about reusable options
First mile to local benefits starts with better promotion of local food and products
- Making it default with local meals included in the offer
- Making it easy with a clear section at the beginning of the menu
- Making it appealing with irresistible presentations of local options, chef’s selections, farmers and producers, health benefits
First mile to local benefits starts with better management of mobility promotion of local food
- Making it default to provide walking instructions and include public transportation in the offer
- Making it easy with clear instructions based on public transports
- Making it appealing by showing the benefits of sightseeing through smart transport/by walking, number of steps, interesting POIs on the way, offer rewards, show savings